- 1 package (400 g) Champêtre red beets
- 250 ml (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp) almond extract
- 315 ml (1 1/4 cups) sugar
- 65 ml (1/4 cup) cocoa
- 2 whole eggs
- 500ml (2 cups) flour
- A pinch of salt
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1/2 tsp) cardamom
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of chocolate chips
- 250 ml (1 cup) of water
Cooking 30 minutes
Preparation 10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mash the beets using a food processor
- In a first bowl, beat the butter with the almond essence.
- Then gradually add the sugar, the sifted cocoa and the eggs.
- In a second bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and cardamom.
- Mix this preparation with the first mixture, alternating if necessary, with water.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and the beet puree.
- Place everything in muffin tins.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean from the muffins.
- This recipe makes more than 20 muffins.